Friday, January 1, 2010

Executive Education AND/OR the Rat Race

While much has been talked and read about schooling and Education. I started scribbling this blog for the fact that I would be graduating with twining Masters Program in Business IT in Couple of months!! . This lead to recall a short anecdote, once a Wise Prof told.
This Story is about The Verger By Somerset Maugham, as Usual I don’t use my Brains while I google’d... for this short Story by Somerset Maugham...
Here is the shorter version of the short story...
There once used to be a verger who was happy in job, one fine day He was fired, He set’s up a small shops and scales to five shops with a saving of 30,000 Pounds and the bank calls him and says "Mr. Foreman, Here is the draft of how we can help you manage the savings... Could you please read them and then sign that you have read them?
Mr. Foreman Replied that he doesn’t know to read and write
The manager stared at him as though he were a prehistoric monster.
"And do you mean to say that you've built up this important business and amassed a fortune of thirty Thousand pounds without being able to read or write? Good God, man, what would you be now if you Had been able to?"
"I can tell you that sir," said Mr. Foreman, a little smile on his still aristocratic features.

I'd be verger of St. Peter's, Neville Square

The Wise Professor set the perspective as to how this Twinning Masters (Like/Unlike the ‘Buy one get one offer’) will help most of us become ‘Better/Bigger /Richer .......with/Without this programme!!
Well, will it help me be the same as verger after completion of this programme or make me a Business man had I not done it (Like Mr. Foreman)
While In My view Being Educated and Being Schooled are two different Things... As rightly said by Mark Twain.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education
While in 2009 the Markets Trembled, The Notional Wealth/s crumbled like a pack of Cards... Call it Recession or Human Stupidity... While Each one of us was having a morbid fear of loosing our corporate slavemanship!!
While there are retrofitting (Cannibalizing the work Force) in Top MNC... Retaining the Workforce in Economies of Scale (Cheap Cyber slaves eh)..
While companies came out stronger (With a Lean Muscle...eh... By retrofitting the Salaries, By Retrofitting the Workforce...)...
Like “All is fair in Love and War" " All is fair in Recession in too"... One can do what ever one wants... 'Man thinks that Man is the Master of his own fate !!
In this day and age of Innovating the Innovation, Challenging the challenge of the market space . All I know of this Quote is ;

To be educated is not to have arrived at a destination; it is to travel with a different view. –R. S. Peters
This is what precisely I would do and I want to carry on while I would receive the Twin Pieces of Scripts!!

1 comment:

seeker said...

All in my team should be educated....

Today.. Managers say.. All in my team should be hands on..